Total game plan is going to change in 2015 as we could see the major changes in Digital marketing from last few months
- Search Engines are keep updating their algorithms to provide real time results
- Social Media is changing its role in overall marketing strategy
- Priorities have been changed in marketing
- Paid advertising is playing major role, and expect to continue next year
I want to give you some useful tips for 2015 by analysing current trends and future predictions in digital marketing.
Search Engine Marketing:
- Search Engines are getting too smart by implementing artificial intelligence to show real-time data to their visitors.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) leads have an average close rate of 14.6%, while outbound leads (such as cold calls or print advertising) have an average close rate of 1.7%.
- PPC is the best way to get targeted customers without waiting for search engine organic rankings
- It will be too hard to get keyword ranking by traditional SEO tactics
- PPC will play major role in 2015
- Integrate your SEO and SMO as one strategy
- Build your PPC strategy by analyzing your competitors’ strategies.
- Update your PPC strategies by season and by your niche
- Concentrate only on quality backlinks
- Content marketing will help you to get more traffic
Social Media Marketing:
- Google plus on the surge
- Facebook Advertising is playing major role in B2C market
- Twitter and LinkedIn are the best channels for B2B businesses
- Paid advertising in social media is becoming a necessity, not a luxury.
- Pinterest buyers spend more money often than any of the other top 5 social media sites.
- Social media will account for 1/4 of all marketing spend for SMB’s by 2016.
- SEO and social media marketing will merge into a new discipline in 2015.
- Invest in diversifying social media platforms.
- Use Facebook and Twitter analytics to build your Social Media strategy
- Give high priority to LinkedIn for B2B social media strategies
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful
- Using video on landing pages can increase conversion by 80%
- Articles with images get 94% more views than those without images
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads
- Understanding how coding can optimize content strategy will become necessary for marketers in 2015.
- Marketers will continue to increase blogging in 2015.
- Visual storytelling will emerge as a main strategy for growing communities in 2015.
- Build a content marketing strategy that will produce everlasting content
- Create Video, Audio content to get more visitors to your business
- Infographics and Memes are the best sources to generate huge traffic to your website
- Personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14% and conversion rates by 10%
- 72% of US consumers prefer email marketing as the number one way to receive permission-based promotions
- Email marketing will continue to dominate in 2015
- Effectively reach people with personalized emails.
- Send well designed and Mobile-friendly emails
- 63% of women and 73% of men will check their phones every hour.
- 91% of adult mobile phone owners have their devices within arm’s reach 24/7
- About 35% of all search engine traffic comes from mobile devices in 2014
- 48% emails are opened and read on a mobile device.
- Mobile internet usage will eclipse computer based internet usage in 2015.
- Mobile-friendly strategies, like location based campaigns, are on the rise.
- Convert your website into mobile-friendly
- Use short content to grab mobile user’s attention
- Develop mobile apps on Android, iOS and Windows platforms
- 89% won’t switch from brands they like.
- 92% are more willing to trust information online than any other source.
- 50% will write about positive experiences, and 39% will write about negative experiences.
- 95% want a brand to actively pursue them as a customer
- The importance of branding will increase in customer’s decision making to purchase
- Your reputation will have direct effect on your sales
- 82% will join a brand-sponsored online community.
- Engage with your customers through social media and help them by providing useful information
- Be unique in your service by giving something great to your customers
- Customer service is more important than ever due to the social spread of both positive and negative experiences.
- Generate leads and connect with customers in an authentic yet cost-effective way.
- Companies that automate lead management see 10% (or more) increase in revenue within 6-9 months.
- Business that use marketing automation see a 451% increase in qualified leads.
- More companies will concentrate on marketing automation to increase their leads
- Try to implement marketing automation on your online business to generate more leads
There are always some list of marketing channels and list of digital marketing tactics to follow. But, it doesn’t make sense what you’re doing in marketing, how you’re doing it is only the matter in marketing to get results. All the very Best for New Year 2015!